Become the king or queen of the ladybugs! All you need is some construction paper and household art supplies, and you can make a crown of your own.
- Cut 4 hearts from black or red construction paper*
- Cut 2 or 3 strips of red construction paper about 4 inches thick and tape the strips together end to end*
- Measure the child’s head with the long strip of red paper and cut off the excess *
- Cut small circles out of the black construction paper and glue the circles to the red strip*
- Wrap the pipe cleaners around a pencil to create a “spring”
- Glue or tape a heart to the top of each pipe cleaner. Flip over and repeat (there should be 2 hearts on each pipe cleaner)
- Glue or tape the pipe cleaners to the back of the red strip so they sit at the front of the head
- Glue or tape the two ends of the red strip together to make your crown!
*Adults should help young children with these steps